A Quick Message From Coach Hasenstein
Good Evening Titan Cross Country Runners/Parents:
Congratulations to all of you on a successful start to the season and for being a part of the biggest Cross Country Team in GBS History. As of today there are 81 runners on our roster including 27 Freshmen! Wow!
With a bigger squad than normal and unusual circumstances for training I want to remind all of our athletes and parents the importance of following protocol for social distancing at practice and during your free time. A complete and successful season will greatly depend on how well we work together on stopping the spread of Covid-19.
Here is some information on upcoming events:
- Thursday (8-13): Uniform Handout Day....All runners will receive their racing shorts/jersey tomorrow after practice. Please do not leave practice without your gear. Uniforms will be distributed at the west end of the fieldhouse by the garage door that faces the stadium.
- Friday (8-14): All Juniors/Seniors report to practice at 6:30 am.. Freshman and Sophomores will still meet at 7:00 am..
- Saturday (8-15): No official practice. Runners will be given a workout to be done on their own!
- Monday (8-17): Practice time shifts to 3:45.
- Tuesday (8-18): Practice at 3:45...practice will include TEAM PICTURES: Please see the information from our athletic office below regarding how pictures are being handled this year...
VIP has made some major changes during the COVID lockdown that will make picture day easier for you.
Here is what it means for you:
- There are no order forms to hand out.
- Parents will view and order photos online at vipis.com/group/c332197c/
- All picture orders shipped directly to the athlete's home. No picture packages to hand out, either.
- Parents with questions about orders should email VIP at [email protected].
- In order to implement these changes, picture day will have a slightly different approach in how it is organized. VIP will be taking an individual photo of each athlete. Since there is no paperwork to fill out, the line moves quickly. Picture day will not take any longer than it has in the past. This year, teams will have a composite team photo due to social distancing. Meaning, athletes and coaches will take an individual portrait and then an individual full length photo.
- It is important that every athlete takes an individual photo. This is how VIP creates the income to provide complimentary team photos to the coaching staff, supply copies of team pictures for sports programs and the yearbook, and print wall of fame photos of your all-conference and all-state athletes. Please work with the VIP photographers to make sure this is done.
Finally...We want to make sure our athletes have the right shoes, spikes and gear for this season...Please see the information from Fleet Feet Sports who we have worked with very closely in the past to outfit our teams.
GBS Cross Country Team... discounts for athletes (15% with Student or Teacher ID and 20% with Trainer/Spike combo) and links to our on-line reservations in-store for fittings.
Have a great night!